Welcome to Raytown South Middle School
Raytown South Middle School was originally opened at Raytown South Junior High in 1958. It initially housed elementary students in grades 1-6 due to overcrowding at other elementary sites. In 1959 the building was fully completed for use for 6th-9th graders in the southern end of the district. It wasn't until 1961 that if was used for its intended purpose for grades 7-9. The building currently houses grades 6-8 in a middle school format.